Colorado State University and the Denver Broncos share a unique partnership to provide students at one of the nation’s top research university opportunities to learn from one of America’s premier professional sports franchises.
The Denver Broncos Sport Management Institute at Colorado State University debuted in the spring of 2015, and classes are being offered on campus and online in a minor in sports management.
“The Denver Broncos are rightly considered one of the finest-run franchises in all of professional sports, so the opportunity to have our students work closely with such a quality organization as part of their learning experience is an amazing opportunity,” CSU President Tony Frank said. “Combining the talents and experiences of our faculty and students with a top-notch organization like the Denver Broncos makes this a unique program, and one we’re proud to be part of at Colorado State.”
Four of CSU’s eight colleges are involved in the project, including:
- Business (marketing and promotions);
- Liberal Arts (Department of Journalism and Media Communication and the Department of Ethnic Studies)
- Health and Human Sciences (hospitality and human resource management, event and conference planning, and facilities management);
- Agricultural Sciences (turf management).
Institute Highlights include:
- Hands-on experience in courses with opportunities with the Broncos organization including internships;
- Guest lectures from Broncos management;
- Case studies developed in coordination with the team;
- Interdisciplinary coursework in turf management, marketing & promotions, sports communications, hospitality and facility event management;